The ideal launching pad for your Whitsundays holiday
Download in Word format
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: No ending delimiter '’' found in E:\inetpub\vs128043\press.php on line 616
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash in E:\inetpub\vs128043\press.php on line 617
The bustling coastal village of Airlie Beach serves as the ideal base for exploring the islands, reef, rainforest and wildlife of the Whitsundays.
Situated in tropical North Queensland, Airlie Beach is a year-round destination and boasts an all-ages appeal.
The Airlie Beach Hotel is located at the hub of the Esplanade in the centre of town. From this unrivalled location you can walk to many attractions and within moments join one of the many day tours on offer.
Airlie Beach Hotel General Manager Mark Bell said Airlie Beach was the ideal launching pad for exploring the untouched beauty of the region, such as the islands and reef.
"From Airlie Beach you can set sail into the sunset for a night at sea, you can learn to scuba dive before heading to the reef, you can take a joy flight, or explore the forest and experience local wildlife," Mr Bell said.
"And just when you feel ready to wind down, the nightlife in Airlie winds up and you can party at one of the bars or clubs til you see the sun rise over the sea."
The myriad attractions in the Whitsundays just waiting for you to experience them include:
- The Great Barrier Reef - one of the natural wonders of the world.
- Experience it by snorkeling or marvel at it from the air.
- Whitehaven Beach - voted one of the world's best beaches
- Uninhabited islands bursting with native flora and fauna
- Sailing charters taking you on overnight adventures in the Coral Sea
- Reef and game fishing trips
- Scenic flights over the reef and islands
- Diving - whether that's from 3,000 feet or 10 feet under
- Sea kayaking
- Horse riding through bushland
- Reviving your senses in natural forest on the Whitsundays Great Walk or atop the island peaks
The Airlie Beach Hotel is a 4-star hotel offering beach view and village view rooms. For the budget conscious there are 3-star motel-style rooms available. The hotel has three award-winning bars and restaurants on-site and a small shopping precinct.
Tour bookings can be made through the hotel.